The 2016 Midwest Drift Union Championship invites qualified working media professionals from automotive, consumer and trade news organizations to submit a registration request for a working media credential.
If you are one of the following – editor, reporter, staff writer, freelance writer/photographer on- assignment, producer, or publisher (one per magazine), you may qualify for a credential. Team / Sponsor credentials will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Please note: Prior entry as media to Midwest Drift Union does NOT guarantee approval for future events.
Press Credentials will NOT be issued to the following representatives, and will need to purchase a ticket to the event:
- Advertising sales representatives
- Freelance writers / photographers not on assignment for an established news outlet
- Spouses and other guests of working media
- Marketing or public relations representatives
Midwest Drift Union reserves the right to approve or deny all working media credential requests at its sole discretion. Midwest Drift Union reserves the right to modify media qualification(s) at any time. Media applications will be limited per event.
Submission of this form does not guarantee accreditation.
- Media applicants must be over the age of 18 at time of event
- Media applicants from major and/or other recognized media outlets will be given priority over
- Freelance photographers / videographers will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Media credentials are reserved for media members only and your personal website will not be sufficient for approval
- i.e. Facebook, Personal Blog, and low traffic ranked sites
In addition to the below form, please include the following in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Media
Application Round X (1, 2, 3, etc…):
- A description of the coverage intended for the event(s) attending for consideration
- Type of coverage (i.e. editorial feature, event recap, interview, etc…)
- Expected date of editorial release
- Any additional information that can be used to qualify your request
Photo credentials will be issued to personnel on assignment from recognized and accredited publications or news services. Photographers are reminded that pre-race photographers’ meetings are mandatory and failure to appear at one of the non-race day or race day meetings will result in revocation of credentials or non-issuance of a photo vest at the discretion of Midwest Drift Union. Failure to adhere to working policies and regulations detailed at meetings may result in loss of credentials and or a revocation of rights. Photographers approved by Midwest Drift Union to work in “hot” access zones during the race must wear long pants and closed toed shoes at all times when on track, as well as a bright reflective orange/yellow vest. Certain rules and regulations might vary by round based on that venue’s particular rules and regulations.
Thank you for your interest in covering Midwest Drift Union events.
Due to the high demand of media access, you must submit your information for approval at least two weeks prior to the event date. Any submissions after that date will be ignored. Only limited numbers of media can be approved per event due to safety regulations.