The 2017 Midwest Drift Union Championship presented by Enjuku Racing invites qualified working media professionals from automotive, consumer and trade news organizations to submit a registration request for a working media credential. As we are a Pro-Am feeder series for Formula Drift, we have a similar application and set of expectations.
If you are one of the following – editor, reporter, staff writer, freelance writer/photographer on- assignment, producer, or publisher (one per magazine), you may qualify for a credential. Team / Sponsor credentials will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Please note: Prior entry as media to Midwest Drift Union does NOT guarantee approval for future events.
Press Credentials will NOT be issued to the following representatives, and those persons will need to purchase a ticket to the event:
- Advertising sales representatives
- Freelance writers / photographers not on assignment for an established news outlet
- Spouses and other guests of working media
- Marketing or public relations representatives
Midwest Drift Union reserves the right to approve or deny all working media credential requests at its sole discretion. Midwest Drift Union reserves the right to modify media qualification(s) at any time. Media applications will be limited per event.
Submission of this form does not guarantee accreditation.
- Media applicants must be over the age of 18 at time of event
- Media applicants from major and/or other recognized media outlets will be given priority over
- Freelance photographers / videographers will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Media requesting an assistant must do so in the body of the e-mail aspect of the application outlined below
- Media credentials are reserved for media members only and your personal website will not be sufficient for approval
- i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Personal Blog, and low traffic ranked sites
In addition to the below form, please include the following in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “MDU Media Application Round X (1, 2, 3, etc…):
- A description of the coverage intended for the event(s) attending for consideration
- Type of coverage (i.e. editorial feature, event recap, interview, etc…)
- Expected date of editorial release
- Any additional information that can be used to qualify your request (reference previous work, name drop, etc)
ALL fields must be completed. Failure to fill all fields will result in your application being ignored. If you can’t properly fill out a form, we don’t want you on track.
Photo credentials will be issued to personnel on assignment from recognized and accredited publications or news services. Photographers are reminded that pre-race photographers’ meetings are mandatory and failure to appear at any of the race day meetings will result in revocation of credentials at the discretion of Midwest Drift Union. Failure to adhere to working policies and regulations detailed at meetings may result in loss of credentials and or a revocation of rights. Photographers approved by Midwest Drift Union to work in “hot” access zones during the race must wear long pants and closed toed shoes at all times when on track, as well as a bright reflective orange/yellow vest (not supplied by Midwest Drift Union). Certain rules and regulations might vary by round based on that venue’s particular rules and regulations.
If you are approved, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with additional information regarding the media policy. If you are unable to attend after being approved, e-mail the aforementioned address so we may assign your spot to someone else if need be.
A post will be made on the main MDU and specific event Facebook page regarding the dates media applications will close. They will always end on a Friday with approvals sent out the following Monday unless extenuating circumstances dictate otherwise.
Thank you for your interest in covering Midwest Drift Union events.
Due to the high demand of media access, you must submit your information for approval at least two weeks prior to the event date. Any submissions after that date will be ignored. Only limited numbers of media can be approved per event due to safety regulations.